Top 5 Essential Oils for Pain
Top 5 Essential Oils for Pain
For thousands of years, essential oils have been used in various cultures both for health and medicinal purposes. They are known to have stimulating, anti-bacterial, detoxifying and other calming properties. Essential oils are derived from different sources. Some examples are leaves, flowers, barks, and roots. They are used for a variety of purposes:
- Clearing the air: When essential oils are vaporized in a diffuser, pathogens coming in close contact are destroyed. This is because these oils have antiviral and anti-bacterial properties.
- Essential oils set us in the right mood: Humans emotional respond to scents. For example, we associate romance with the fragrance of jasmine and roses and citrus is known to relax the nerves, thus contributing to reduce anxiety and associated pain.
- They provide additional health benefits: Some of them reduce inflammation in and pain in the when used in a cream form. That’s the case of eucalyptus, lavender, and peppermint.
Nature is so wonderful in that it provides us with a lot of what we need to heal our bodies. Here is a list of the top 5 essential oils to help with pain relief.
Top 5 essential oils for pain
- Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus salicifolia)
Eucalyptus has so many uses, from helping to ease a sore throat to helping to soothe aching and sore muscles. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and has been used for centuries also for respiratory uses. Eucalyptus is a key ingredient in our Workvie Work Pain Relief Cream for these very reasons.
- Lavender (Lavendula)
One of my favorite scents is that of Lavender. It always makes me think of a beautiful lavender field in France. This beautiful and fragrant essential oil is great to reduce inflammation and brings a mentally calming effect. Often, our physical pain is linked to emotional pain and this essential oil is amazing to help with both. It is especially calming at night to help sleep.
- Arnica (Arnica Montana)
Arnica is not one of the aromatic essential oil, but this little flower has amazing properties to bring down swelling. It is a key ingredient in the Workvie Lidocaine Roll On to help with its natural analgesic properties.
- Boswellia or Indian frankincense
Boswellia has some very interesting properties that help to alleviate joint pain. This oil can be especially helpful for arthritis sufferers as it helps to prevent the formation of leukotrienes that have been shown to cause inflammation. This is another of the ingredients the Workvie Lidocaine Roll On.
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
This essential oil has great pain-relieving properties, and it has been used to treat headache pain and arthritis pain. It’s also energy-boosting and may help to relieve muscle aches. According to one study, this oil can be compared to acetaminophen when it comes to alleviating a headache.
With the increased concern over opioid-based prescription medications, essential oils can be a great alternative as pain relievers. At Workvie, we are always looking for more natural ways to help those working with pain to help them regain their lives.
All Workvie Products are Paraben & Dye Free and Maden with Care in Florida.